There are many ways to reduce energy consumption and protect the environment. Here are some simple ideas to help you cut fuel use and save money.
- Turn your thermostat down from 72°F to 68°F for eight hours a day and you’ll save as much as 10% on energy costs. Every degree you lower your thermostat could save you about 3% on your heating bill.
- Winterize windows with weather stripping (for all movable joints) and caulk (for nonmoving parts). Also, use a window kit to insulate the inside of your windows to keep cold air out and warm air in.
- Change your heating system filter once a month.
- Make sure you reverse the direction of ceiling fans so they move warm air down, without creating a wind-chill effect.
- Avoid using your stove, oven, dishwasher or clothes dryer during the warmest periods of the day. Your a/c system will have to work harder to keep your home cool.
- Fill your dishwasher completely before running it. In the summer, a dishwasher can add humidity to the air so your air conditioning system will need to work harder to maintain a cool temperature.
- Clean the outdoor coils on your air conditioner as often as necessary (i.e., when dirt is visible on the outside of the coil).
- Clean the a/c evaporator coil and condensate pan every year.
- Clean the blower fan blades.
- Clean supply and return registers, and straighten their fins.
- Plant shade trees around your outdoor a/c unit. A unit sitting in the sun can use significantly more energy to cool your home than one in the shade.
- Install ceiling fans. They use far less energy than air conditioners and allow you to feel cool while keeping your thermostat set higher.
Our heating oil programs can save you money and take the hassle out of ordering. Check out our comprehensive services.LEARN MORE
Our drivers are certified in fuel delivery of all kinds: from traditional heating oil to kerosene, diesel and marine diesel.LEARN MORE
Become a Customer
We take pride in providing the best value in heating oil along with 24/7 emergency service. We’ll go the extra mile to serve you.LEARN MORE